InterPlay Life Practice Program for Spiritual Leaders
Opening & Closing Retreats: Oct 3-6, 2016 (CA) & Mar 6-9, 2017 (WI) • 8 online wisdom teachings: Tuesdays 9–11 am PST • 2016: Oct 18, Nov 1 & 22, Dec 6; 2017: Jan 3, 17, Feb 7 & 21
• Integrate body and soul in formation, healing, prayer, speaking, discernment, celebration, justice-making and ritual.
• Increase fluency in the languages of the soul: moving, voice, word, stillness
• Enjoy time for fun, reflection, conversation, and easy-going community
• Affirm what your body knows as intrinsic to your spiritual intelligence
• Open to Spirit and Mystery
Why Body Wisdom?
Physicality is Basic: It’s a big shift to put the body back at the center of spiritual intelligence–not unlike putting Earth back at the center of what we value. Racism, gender, class, ability, politics, religion, climate change, animal care, and culture are all body realities. How we honor and affirm every body as distinct and part of a distinct community is key to living in peace. Do we honor our bodies?
An Online Orientation to get to know the media, leader, and participants.
Opening Retreat: The Secrets of InterPlay for Embodied Spiritual Formation, Oakland, California. Start your journey in the creative diversity of the Bay Area, among local redwoods and in the artful sanctuary of InterPlayce. With time to explore the balance of creative practice and wisdom teachings, the journey unfolds through elegantly crafted moments of movement, voice, story, and stillness, which open like parables. Learn the tools that are helping people orient to the wisdom of their body: Easy Focus, Body Data/Knowledge/Wisdom, Internal Authority, Physicality of Grace, Exformation, Spiritual Disciplines, Incrementality, and Affirmation. Gather into a sense of grace, ease, and spontaneous health where body and soul yield refreshment, connection, and guidance.
This workshop uniquely introduces the following
• The Soul Loves The Body: Recovering our Soul Languages
• Our Bodyspirit as Bigger Than Our Skin
• Spontaneity as A Signature Of Soul
• Transformation as A Creative Process
• The Architecture of Soul as Bigger Than One Body
• Different Art Forms Create Different Results
The retreat is followed by eight online wisdom trainings (two hours each). During each interactive, live, video session, participants will deepen their body wisdom around aspects of the creative spirit, the art of truth telling, the nature of being a body intellectual, how to play with challenge, healing and wholeness, and how to encourage creative offerings in prayer and service in others.
Each participant receives three one hour sessions over the course of the program with an InterPlay mentor where you can explore InterPlay for personal and spiritual development as you incorporate movement, voice, and storytelling. These may occur in person or on Skype.
The Closing Retreat is at Dekoven Retreat Center, near Racine, Wisconsin. on Lake Michigan. The focus is on “The Art of Collective Peace-making and Ritual.” Having formed bonds of play and deep story, we explore creativity and body wisdom in a way that opens new vistas for communal life. What does it mean for peace and for community soul to be embodied? The retreat concludes with a graduation and celebration.
Gifts of the Program
• More fluid access to voice, movement, stillness, and stories as you connect to self, others and the Divine.
• Deeper connection with earth, people, and spirit.
• Powerful resiliency techniques.
• Improvisational skills for working with complex situations.
• New skills for speaking and presenting.
• Take-away art forms for bedside, one to one, small and large group rituals.
• Community building tools that empower marginalized people.
• Techniques for building intergenerational bonds with children, youth, and adults.
More information about the 8 online workshops
Frequently Unasked Questions about InterPlay for Spiritual Leaders.